How to Drive Website Traffic
Earning Passive Income through Driving Targeted Traffic
In our world today, the success of businesses – as well as people who just engage in personal hobbies to help make them money – is greatly in the hands of the internet. The World Wide Web is no longer just a place to look things up. It is now a method of reaching out to people of all kinds to advertise products and give insightful information about businesses and other subjects. An important component to the success of online marketing is website traffic. Without it, there would be no one visiting the sites that we bust our butts in creating! So it is crucial to the success of your business to know how to steer existing and potential customers directly to you!
What is website traffic?
Website traffic is the amount of data that is both sent and received via the visitors that stumble upon a particular site. Traffic numbers are determined by the amount people who visit a site, as well as the number of pages they choose to look at. There are thousands of ways that not only the internet keeps track of how many people visit which site, but how website owners can personally see incoming and outgoing traffic to see which pages heed the most views. Thanks to the creation of analytics, people behind business websites can now create content that is parallel to trends in which consumers are seeking out.
Importance of Targeted Website Traffic Traffic
Even though any amount of traffic is great, the most crucial traffic you can have visiting your website is targeted traffic. Visitors that are within this group who are viewing your site are those actually searching for your product or service. It is important that as you create content to fill your website with, that you determine who your content is intended for. The benefits of targeted traffic are:
- More likely to recommend your business to other people – World of mouth travels fast. And word over social media travels at speeds almost as fast as light itself. These recommendations have the potential to greatly increase traffic.
- More likely to bookmark your site – Once people find your website intriguing enough that they will want to continuously revisit it, they will more than likely bookmark it, which moves a lot of SEO hassle out of the way for you.
- More intrigued by the information on your site – It’s a no-brainer that if you take the time to properly target your audience, that the people who are visiting your website will be more interested in what you have to offer, because they are looking for your type of product or service already.
- More likely to spend money – When people are searching for something specific and come across your site and find that it fulfills their needs, they will more than likely spend their hard earned bucks on your products or service!
How to Drive Traffic to your Website
Thanks to the advancements in technology and the internet, there are now many different and successful ways to get people to visit your website. But there are three popular ways that have immensely helped businesses get people to visit their website and buy what they are selling.
Utilization of ads – Advertisements are kind of like a business’s muse. Without them, there would be almost no point in trying to sell a product. In order to buy something, people have to know about it and its existence! Exposing consumers to what you have to offer is key to success! Advertisements have many different venues to uphold. They can be placed within a newspaper or magazine, shown on television or viewed among our computer screens when surfing the web. Ads are everywhere. Advertising on social media has become a big hit in the last 5-10 years, especially via Facebook. More and more businesses are become like-minded in creating captivating advertisements that will intrigue viewers to want to click and explore their websites. Be sure to be short, sweet and to the point. Play around with words that will gain viewers attention.
Email Marketing – Electronic communications is nothing of the past; in fact, it’s one of the top ways to get people to visit websites. When crafting emails that people want to open, ensure that you include the following:
- Use a personal name in the “From” line
- Incorporate something local within the “subject” line
- Never utilize the same subject line more than once. Use your creativity to develop new subject lines.
- Avoid being too sales-like. Many view promotional-like emails as mere spam.
- Avoid lengthy subject headings. Keep it around 50 characters so that it is visibly easy to read.
- Start your emails with “Hello, [Person’s Name]”. This will increase traffic right away. You’re taking the time to personalize the email to sound as if you are directly speaking with that potential consumer.
- Encourage individuals to share what they have experienced with you!
Social Media Marketing – Right up there with email marketing is the usage of social media to spread the word and advertise businesses of all shapes and sizes. Thanks to platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram (and that is just naming a few), it is now as easy as clicking a button to promote awareness to one’s business, as well as upcoming events and things that targeted individuals will want to sink their teeth into. Use a few of the following tips to get a step ahead of your competitors:
- Analyze past content to improve future posts
- Upgrade visual aspects with links
- Make the most of your Twitter posts by adding an image
- Mix up content formats occasionally to keep your content interesting
- Schedule a plan to ensure that you are delivering consistent content
- Learn how to strategically utilize hashtags when you post
- Use Pinterest as a visualization board for your brand to consumers
There are so many ways that you can incorporate your creativity to assist you in making a massive passive income via the web. It is important that you constantly try to think outside the box so that you are always at least one step ahead of your competitors. If you are just beginning your journey into online marketing, take a look at examples from successful big name brands and use their techniques as a template. There are hundreds of websites that have tips and tricks that you can utilize to maximize your passive profits. Good luck!